Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sunset at Alappuzha (Alleppey) Pier.

Postcards from kerela.

The pier in view is around a 140 years old and not that sturdy these days.


Allaphuzha or Alleppey as it was known is famous for its fabled backwaters but the beach here has its own charms.
I had stayed on the backwaters during a previous visit in 2002 and thought that they were much too over hyped and the ad guru's had pulled one over me (not for the first or the last time)..

Even during that stay on the last day I had the good fortune of visiting this beach and this time made a straight beeline for it to watch the graceful descend of the sun for yet another day...and wasn't disappointed at all in fact quite mesmerized by the palette of colors and play of light arrayed by the gods that be...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome;)

-pria

indicaspecies said...

Just the sunset impressed you?

What about the tranquil backwaters, the beauty of boats and houseboats (kettuvellam) dotted along it and the surrounding greenery? That does paint a pretty picture as well!

aria said...

Wow! what else can I say .. its bewitching ..

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Do I see a slight color cast?

Do you remember which month(and day or week of the month) was this shot on?

The Wandering Hermit said...

indicaspecies:Yeah I did find the sunset more beautiful than the fabled backwaters.. Somehow found them to be too crowded up.. rarely do you get out of sight of people.. Kerela does have a lot of people what can I say.

Priya : Thanks

Aria: thanks for dropping in Aria.. and you bet it was bewitching

Arun: Not the color cast just a RAW conversion gives the hint of the colorcast but it really isn't..